300g (10.5oz) spaghetti
4 garlic gloves
1 red chili pepper
1/4 bunch fresh parsley
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt Black pepper
- Slice garlic cloves, chili pepper and chop parsley.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: to a large, cold skillet add olive oil, slices garlic cloves and chili. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the garlic just begins to turn golden on the edges. don’t overcook!
- Set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet, sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper and stir. Add the cooking water and stir until combined. Turn the heat off, add the parsley and give a last stir.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with parmesan.